Sunday, March 27, 2011

night ride

again.. its been a while. this wont be perfect.  it will be short. but, i just wanted to expell these thoughts running through my head.. so here:

i love night bike rides. why did i stop doing them?... oh yeah.. there was that serial killer thing. i think thats past  now?    anyway..  fresh out of the shower, drying my hair in the wind. watching my streamers dance off the end of my handlebars makes me happy. and wow.. the colour of the skies as they change. i love it.  looking at all the houses lit up so big and pretty. the balconies, the climbing vines-they make such pretty sights to see.  the confederate jasmine is in full bloom. there are rows and walls and trellises full of them, blooming so heavily dispensing their fragrance into the air around me. heavenly.  consistently amused at those people who turn every light on inside their house, yet leave their blinds open. its quite entertaining for me to see what youre doing.. but dont you know the world is watching?  a particularly curvy wall, be still my heart. who made you? who decided to make you wavy and not straight? thank you wall-builder person, youve  made quite a special wall.  a delicately lit back yard, hidden behind a sky-high ficus hedge..so beautiful..the italian opera music drifting out into the night air made me feel like i was some where else. landscaping, just like my moms. you stick out like a sore thumb, but so creative and beautiful. i hope everyone finds some spark of inspiration in you. 
turn the corner..home ahead.. ride over the curb, duck under the trees.  ive missed this.

1 comment: