Saturday, January 9, 2010

orange picking

a recent trip to my mom and jacks house "produced" these orangey pics.. scads of oranges... just dripping off the trees. love it, and i love that one day, the kids will have this memory to look back on. just like i have mine.

growing up, i had the delight of spending much time at my grandparents house. settled at the bottom of a hill, their house was surrounded with many nooks and crannies to explore. their yard was huge and was a vast source of forging cherished memories. some of my adventures include the summers i spent picking wild blackberries.

...oh the countless pricks my little fingers would recieve from too greedy of a reach..and the stains of blue and purple they turned from the squished berries. hundreds of bushes lining the side yard...the excitement of spying a new cluster would make my heart leap. my grandfather and i would gobble them down, saving just enough to make into homemade blackberry pies. my tastes buds still water when i think about the ooze of a slice falling over my tongue.

my three little ones dont have wild blackberry picking memories... but the do have the sweet citrussy memories of picking oranges..and that makes my heart happy:)


cole using the picker to get the fruit out of reach


kate, eyeing it up and selecting
and duelio, carting around the juicy pickings
its hard work juicing!
together..
can you smell it? ..soo fresh
here are some random pictures from their backyard..


2 comments:

  1. Love the oranges. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. Great memories. Mine are blackberry picking also. Yumm the pies. Good pictures..good memories..good blog.

    ReplyDelete