Tuesday, September 14, 2010

a morning swim


its not easy getting up at 6 am on a saturday morning, much less getting up to exercise. but this particular saturday i managed to drag myself out of bed to go for a cool swim in the ocean....and if im being honest here, i got up mainly bc my friend, rachel, had gone completely out of her way friday evening to get my swim cap to me..and if by any chance she happened to ask how swimming was..and i DIDNT go??? uhm.. id feel like a punk friend.. so, all that to say, im SO glad she went of her way, giving me that extra motivation i needed to drag my tired self to the beach:) bc, golly- it sure was beautiful. thanks rach!!
vegatation, sea grapes, palmettos and funky old branches

bright blue sky, sandy dune

yes, that would be my foot.. with the worn off blue polish;)

i love this beach  because it has such unsual rocky terrain
the water collects in the divots. i think it kindof looks like moon craters..dont you think?
so calm, so early
i seriously could sit and watch the waves pour over these rocks all     day      long.
close up of the super cool plant life that nestled itself in among the rocks
i dont know if you can tell, but the rocks are covered by a cool carpet of fuzzy moss.. i think in my "mountain" post i mentioned how much i love moss?  ok, this isnt mountain moss, its sea moss- but, i SO love it. 

seafoam pouring over the top, just like icing a cake.


the water finding its way between the mossy rocks, mezmorizing..

hey! whos that??? jessica!!:) my awesome swimmer friend, who took the time out of her morning routine to give me some swimming pointers.. thanks jessica- youre a swimming rockstar!!!xoxo

getting up early pays off.. i hope this might inspire an early rise to see the peaceful and beautiful creation around us.

2 comments:

  1. gina: i looooooooooooove your pictures. u=awesome!
    love love love!
    jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, jo- thank you!! I love you!!:)

    ReplyDelete