Saturday, April 10, 2010

chasing a sunset

i love a good sky.. i love the clouds, sunny day or overcast day.. i really love it all. its Gods big canvas up there.. my favourite time of day is dusk..the sky seems to glow, but not just the sky.. the air around me... ive heard it called the "golden hour". and some other name that is not coming to mind right now. im especially intrigued how every second of a sunset changes. the light and colours bouncing around the clouds are brilliant.

so i was going through some old pics tonite, and found these.. love them. it happened on a quick trip to my moms house..kate and i were on our way home.. the sun was setting.. oh my, it was gorgeous! and my poor daughter, im sure she thinks im crazy, had no choice but to go along with me chasing the sunset. i had to find a great angle over a big field.. i didnt want anything in the way. so we chased, until i found my self on a dead end street on the outskirts of belle glade. to say the least, it was oh-so-not- friendly looking.. chase came to a hault.. and i had a camera full of these bright skies..







3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. You truly captured the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. I can't pick a favorite. Kate is learning to appreciate the beauty of nature. You should win a contest with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i especially love the 4th picture down from the top...wow! the sky color is fierce! i think of you and kate chasing sunsets and i just smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such a great mom. kids around the world could only wish to have such a fun, adventurous & caring mom!!!
    ps: the glowy dusk is my favorite time of day..... :) love this post.

    ReplyDelete