Thursday, April 22, 2010

peter pan running

probably because we recently threw a "peter pan" themed birthday part for duelio that my mind is on peter pan.. but seriously.. i really felt like it tonite.

tonite was my second attempt at running after the girls cruise hamstring tear incident. my first try at running was after a full 6.5 weeks!!?!?!! of healing. and, well.. it was bad :( it resulted in my hip locking up. lets just say a big OUUUCH! i was so down and discouraged and feeling pretty old as bones at this point :( i mean.. i am 33.. im not going to bounce back like i used to. sadly, healing is on a completely different time table than it used to be. i stretched it everyday for 3 more weeks hoping, praying that i would be able to get back on this horse soon. mind you.. the first six weeks of healing was PERFECT cool, running weather. this was a true test of patience for me and ultra-frustrating. everyday i would hear about people running, everyday i would see people running, everyday i would hear about a race or think about being in one.. i was salivating over the idea of taking a jog down to the water. and everyday i knew waiting was the wiser choice. so, after all that waiting, i finally gave it another try TONITE!!! and i am feeling as good as i could ask for-yay!! and great advice from a friend (thanks dawn!) was to run some, walk some. i walked in short spurts a few times, it definitely helped me not overdo it:)
it just felt soo good, i cant say how thankful i was to have working appendages that could carry me around. listening to music and hearing the "pad, pad, pad" of my shoes hitting the pavement was a great way to end the day. so, running up and down the streets, i was starring at the pavement in front of me. the street lights behind me made my shadow grow soo tall it felt like i was chasing it down the street. it would streeetch ever so tall every time i passed a new street light. and just as i would almost catch up to my shrinking shadow, it would run away again- so fast! thats what i call "peter pan running."

3 comments:

  1. gina.... i love this shot of your running shoes. you are so precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. soon you & the little man are going to be running the pb marathon together!! (and ps: you are Not old). i love your stories!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree you are NOT old. Glad you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete